Gluten Free Churros con Chocolate
1 c water
2 T brown sugar
1/2 t salt
1/3 c butter
1/4 c rice flour
1/4 c sorghum flour
1/4 c potato flour
1/4 c tapioca starch
1/4 or a little more xanthan gum
1/2 t vanilla
1/4 c white sugar
1 t cinnamon
1. boil water, brown sugar, salt and butter in a saucepan.
2. mix all flours well in a bowl
3. remove pan from heat and add flour all at once. mix until well blended
4. mix eggs and vanilla in to the batter
5. put dough into a piping bag (or a ziplock bag with the corner cut off. warning: if you do not have the metal nozzle to pipe out the batter, your churros will look like turds. really)
6. heat a pan full of frying oil. make sure it is hot, but not too too hot. you want your churros to cook about 3-5 minutes per side without burning or getting soggy.
7. pipe 4 or 5 churros into the pan. be patient. keep an eye on them but don't constantly flip them.
8. when they are done, roll them through cinnamon and sugar and let them cool on a paper towel.
chocolate, milk, butter, salt
melt the chocolate and butter in a double boiler
add milk and salt, slowly until combined. proportions to taste.
serve warm. add cayenne if you'd like!