1.25.2010

1000 lbs

First off, I just looked through the last few pages of blog entries
and realized there are no drawings. I'd like to let you know that
is about to change, hope it stays dry in San Francisco.

But to hold you over until then:


Here's the real thing, I just really appreciated the cup (good coffee
too, thanks Andrew for the tip).


Here's the result of 5 hours sitting in a cafe yesterday, stressing out
over the audition today, drinking tea and watching youtube glass
demonstrations. I ended up making a piece that isn't drawn here.
Figures.


I got to the audition space 40 minutes early, nervous as anything,
but this sign still made me laugh.


And the audition went well! I can't say I made a great piece,
but I was relaxed and decisive, and despite my reservations I
manned up enough to put double handles on my piece, which
I hope made a good impression.

The narration bit involved me talking while Eric Meek made a
piece (a much better double handled vase, plus color plus optic
twist). I felt really comfortable talking (comfortable enough to
make silly filler jokes, for example). When it was over, the guys
and gal who were watching (and taking notes) said even though
they've been watching the show for 10 years they still learned
something from my presentation.

I have to say, while I have a somewhat unstable relationship
with glass as an art medium, I feel so good about teaching it,
and this compliment made me feel like a million bucks.

Thank you to the folks at the Corning Museum of Glass!

Finally, I really enjoyed this house on the walk back to Star's:


If any of you are in San Francisco tomorrow evening, the puppet
show will be performed at 6 at the Diego Rivera gallery at SFAI
(Free food and wine of course).



1 comment:

Unknown said...

yeah for the day !!!!