1.19.2010

parades etc

For all parade updates, see here. I am blogging in exchange for a free
ticket to Seattle for the audition!

Still terrified, although I found out the person I will be working with
for the demo is this guy:


This is one of CMOG's Master glassblowers, Eric Meek. Coincidentally,
I took a week-long goblet workshop with Eric in New York when I was
in high school. The workshop was great, and Eric is a really easy person
to get along with, which takes a lot of stress out of the whole audition.

More coming soon, on the agenda this week (aside from float building)
is finishing another batch of bike corsets for Mission Bicycle Co. to match
their rainbow display (I didn't realize how hard it is to limit my colors.
Each corset is one color throughout, with different shades. Not my thing,
but I think it'll match the store a lot better), and making a learning-themed
shadow puppet show with my old roommate Helen. We're performing a
week from tomorrow at the San Francisco Art Institute!

Stay tuned!


No comments: